Ashford Colour Press is a leading manufacturer of books, magazines, journals and other publications. Located in Gosport, Hampshire, we are a 150-employee company, providing a full range of print and related services to clients throughout the UK. Innovation through the latest technology, outstanding customer service and high quality print combined with continuous environmental improvement are all top of our agenda. Ashford Colour Press is a supportive employer offering a great place to work, with happy and engaged employees. Want to join our team? Read on!
DIGITAL PRINT MACHINE OPERATOR – Permanent – *NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY*
We are recruiting trainee digital print machine operators. This position will involve shift work including four night shifts in every four week period. Full training will be given and the successful applicant will be working with cutting edge machinery and systems.
As a Digital Print Machine Operators you will need to:
- Have excellent communication skills including a high level of English speaking ability.
- Be flexible as the role will be multi-functional
- Have good attention to detail and a high level of motivation/enthusiasm.
- Due to working hours, your own transport will be desirable but not essential.
- Be confident on computers.
- *NO PREVIOUS PRINT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED* However, machine operator experience would be beneficial.
- Rate: Competitive salary upon completion of training
- Working hours: Rotating shift work pattern including one shift of four nights every four weeks.
- Immediate Starts
Interested? To find out more about the role contact Jamie Hanlon, Digital Print Manager on 01329 229700 or apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘PRINT ON DEMAND’ PICKER & PACKER/DESPATCHER – Permanent
The Print on Demand sector of the business is an exciting area of the business that was kick-started in December 2017 and is already set to expand. We are looking for motivated individuals to join our Reconcile and Despatch team. No previous experience required, but experience in a factory or despatch environment is beneficial. Full training provided.
As a ‘Picker & Packer’ you will need to have:
- No previous experience necessary, though experience in a despatch/picking environment would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, including a high level of English speaking and reading ability.
- Good attention to detail and a high level of motivation/enthusiasm.
- Due to working hours your own transport will be desirable but not essential.
- Confident on computers/web browsers as the role requires you to utilise a web-based despatch system.
- Starting rate: £7.85 per hour
- Working hours: Currently double day shifts which is a shift of 7am to 8pm three days a week (Mon-Wed, Thurs-Sat) rotating every 8 weeks. However the shift will move to a triple shift which will involve four nights in a four-week period.
- Immediate starts
Interested in joining our team? Contact Tara Freegard, Zero Inventory Manager for further information, or to apply email your CV to email@example.com
LITHO PRESS OPERATOR – Temporary Night Shift Cover
We are currently looking for an experienced litho printer to work a nightshift to help us through our busiest period. This will be a temporary position for the next 4-6 months with the possibility of becoming permanent role in future.
The successful applicant will be an experienced Heidelberg S/M 74 5-colour litho press operator, with an excellent track record of working under pressure to produce quality work with speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
The shift we require cover for is to be worked across Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights, from 8pm until 7am with two breaks of half an hour. The rate of pay will be £13 per hour.
Interested? To find out more about the role contact Ed Slevin, Print Manager on 01329 229700 or apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.